Replace your Array Legacy ERP Software to Ximple ERP for Distributors
Here, we will show you data migration steps for replacing Array Legacy ERP Software with Next Generation Cloud-based Ximple ERP Software.
Table of Contents
How to upgrade Array Legacy ERP System with Modern Ximple ERP System?
- 1. Analyze Array Legacy ERP Data Migration to Ximple ERP Project
- 2. Review your Current Array Legacy ERP Data and Processes
- 3. Assign the Right People for Array Legacy ERP Replacement Project
- 4. Remember That Time Is of the Essence for Your Array Legacy ERP Replacement
- 5. Test Ximple Cloud-ERP and Fix Issues if Needed
- Final Words to Array Legacy Erp Wholesale Distributors Software Users
How to upgrade Array Legacy ERP System with Modern Ximple ERP System?
- How to upgrade Array Legacy ERP system? We have expertise and knowledge of Array Legacy ERP. Our experts can help you upgrade to our Next Generation Ximple ERP Software.
- Array LegacyERP upgrade to Cloud-based Ximple ERP is a multi-layered, involved endeavor that must be carefully planned and managed. One of the critical layers is migrating your Array ERP data to the Ximple SaaS ERP system.
- Many wholesale distributors make the mistake of assigning very little importance to this data migration essential task. As a result, they either end up scrambling at the last minute to resolve data display issues or end up with a frustrating implementation mess altogether.
- There are, however, steps you can take that will help you make sure the Array ERP data migration process proceeds without glitches and gets completed in as short a time frame as possible.
- Data migration is the process of organizing, restructuring, copying, and migrating data from your Array ERP systems to Ximple ERP Software
1. Analyze Array Legacy ERP Data Migration to Ximple ERP Project
- Analyzing your Array ERP data way ahead of the actual migration is a crucial step. You know that your business deals with different kinds of data.
- Master data – the core data that is essential for the operation of your business processes. It is a consistent set of attributes and identifiers that describes your company’s different entities, e.g., customers, products, suppliers, chart of accounts, etc.
- Historical data – collected data that is over many years.
- Live/current data – all of your recent transactional data. So before you let our ERP consultant embark on data migration, you first need to make some decisions about these data types.
- This can be a tricky and complicated process. If your employees had been inputting data into your Array ERP using standardized processes all along, then that’s excellent news. If, however, they had created their ways of data entry at some point or another, it may open the door to a whole new set of complications.
You have to define things like,
- What data has to be migrated first.
- When the data should be migrated, either close or after the Go-live date.
- Which historical data has to be migrated to the Ximple Wholesale Distribution ERP system.
- The levels of access to users of the data.
- Hence it is imperative to overlook the planning and strategizing portion of the data migration to avoid unpleasant and frustrating complications.
2. Review your Current Array Legacy ERP Data and Processes
- You have to assess whether you need all the data in the Ximple Wholesale Distribution ERP or not. Before migrating your data from your Array ERP to the Ximple ERP system. You have to do some spring cleaning.
- Review your data and decide on its quality. This is the perfect opportunity to rethink or reassess the ways to record data.
- You may also want to consider changing your processes and asking the Ximple ERP implementation partner for recommendations on the stored data structure.
- You have to assess whether you need all that data in the Ximple Wholesale Distribution ERP. This is the time to clean up irrelevant information, inaccurate data, and duplication.
- In the end, you should have organized, consistent data categories ready to be migrated to the Ximple Wholesale Distribution Cloud ERP.
3. Assign the Right People for Array Legacy ERP Replacement Project
- Apart from ensuring that the Ximple ERP implementation partner is thoroughly briefed with Array ERP data before they begin the migration process, an essential success factor for this project is assigning an in-house team or employee that will superhead the process.
- Ideally, these people should be long-term company employees who are well versed in the company background and its history with legacy systems.
- These employees can surf your company to extract and organize that data into structured charts.
- You, in turn, will rest assured that you have trusted people that will make sure to keep pushing the data migration forward until everything is successfully entered the Ximple Wholesale Distribution ERP.
4. Remember That Time Is of the Essence for Your Array Legacy ERP Replacement and Migration to Ximple Cloud ERP
- The way you map out your data migration processes is crucial. It would help if you had a clearly defined timeline that reflects the types of data, the amount of data, the necessary changes to be made, etc.
- Do make sure to have contingency plans for delays – unforeseen issues are more likely to arise than not.
5. Test Ximple Cloud-ERP and Fix Issues if Needed
To make sure that everything goes correctly and according to plan, follow the following testing procedure :
- First, take a small amount of test data from your current Array ERP.
- Make sure that it loads correctly to Ximple ERP.
- Check how the Ximple ERP is handling the data, take the feedback.
- Your key users should then take the Ximple Wholesale Distribution ERP for a test drive. Simulating their daily business processes and running rigorous tests on the system. This is the crucial step in catching problems and tracking them early.
See How We Can Help to Reduce Your Operational Costs for Your Wholesale Distribution Business.
Ximple ERP automation improves workflows & processes across the distribution departments which help to reduce operational cost and productivity.
If you want our wholsale distribution business experts at Ximple Solution to help you digitalize your distribution business or upgrade your legacy ERP, just book a call
Final Words to Array Legacy Erp Wholesale Distributors Software Users
“Switching from ARRAY ERP system is never easy unless you have the right partner with experience in doing similar migration. Array ERP data migration is one of the more complicated parts of the process. Planning and defining a strategy for this ERP upgrade process will save you a headache in the future. Moreover, picking the right Cloud-based ERP for wholesale distributors is essential to set you up for success.”
Get in touch with us to see how Ximple ERP consultants can help you upgrade your Array ERP to Next Generation ERP to grow your wholesale distribution business.
Hitesh Barot is a Technologist and blogger passionate about solving business and technological challenges in Wholesale Distribution, Retail, and Manufacturing Industries. He has more than 20 years of experience leading the IT department for the Distribution, Retail, and Manufacturing business. Learn more about him here and connect with him on LinkedIn.